Etna Rosso D.O.C. 2017
- сорт винограда
- объем и алк%
Red wine made in Sicily, Italy.
Made from Nerello Mascalese 80-85%, Etna’s noble red grape variety, and Nerello Cappuccio 15-20% grown on sandy, volcanic soils that are rich in minerals, with sub-acid reaction. Vines range in age from 10 to 60 years and. Vineyards vary in elevation from 450 m to 900 m. The climate type ranges high hill to mountain, with a humid and rainy cooler season, high ventilation, luminosity and a significant diurnal range.
Grapes are harvested by hand and de-stemmed. The two varieties are vinified separately. Fermentation takes place in stainless steel vats at a controlled temperature, with the aid of Benanti’s own indigenous yeast, which was selected from local vineyards through years of research and experimentation in the cellar. Nerello Cappuccio matures only in stainless steel. About 80% of the Nerello Mascalese matures in stainless steel, while the remaining 20% matures in second-passage French oak barriques for 8-10 months. After bottling, the wine refines for 2-3 months.
The wine nose is ethereal and intense with hints of red fruits. The palate is dry and mineral with pleasant acidity and salinity, persistent and harmonious.